Re: gEDA-user: (no subject)

On Nov 22, 2008, at 4:29 PM, Sean Carter wrote:

> So here is the complaint I get from ngspice:
> Warning: singular matrix:  check nodes 2n5245 and 2n5245

2n5245 seems an improbable name for a node! This is a clue. In your
netlist, I see:

> Q1 1 3 2 2N5245

OK, you've run afoul of one of the historical weirdnesses in SPICE.
There are two forms of BJT lines: the three node kind and the four
node kind. If the fourth argument starts with a number, SPICE thinks
it's the substrate node, not the model name

But, that line makes no sense anyway. "Q" designates a BJT: for a
JFET you want "J". And where's the 2N5245 model? You have to supply
that.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx