Re: gEDA-user: Some kind of library manager and hierarchical netlisting

On Nov 21, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:29:34 -0500, Paul Tan wrote:
>
>> Currently, you can selectively disable "flat Hierarchy netlisting" by
>> putting a line as follow in your project's "gnetlistrc":
>>
>> (hierarchy-traversal   "disabled")
>
> Can you enlighten me, why you don't want gnetlist to travers the
> hierarchy?

Because the hierarchy traversal flattens the netlist. If the
downstream tools (e.g. SPICE) are themselves hierarchical, a flat
netlist isn't usually what you want. But in the SPICE case, you can
simply concatenate the netlists of the individual subcircuits to
obtain a hierarchical netlist.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx