Re: gEDA-user: Just another minor pcb bug

Am Samstag, den 22.11.2008, 20:42 -0500 schrieb DJ Delorie:
> > If Auto enforce DRC clearance is on, lines (traces) starting from a
> > pad always snap to one of the pad endpoints.
>
> This appears to be completely intentional, although I don't know the
> reason behind it.

So I call it an "intentional bug".

I can see no benefit -- for larger pads it can be useful when traces
start from arbitrary grid points. (And for all pads: This enforced
snapping to pad endpoints can generate short traces from pad endpoint to
next grid point under the pad. This does not hurt, but this short trace
is unnecessary and enlarges the file).

Snapping to pads can be fine -- but not always.

Best regards

Stefan