Re: gEDA-user: pcb-20081128 snapshot

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 18:47 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Dan McMahill wrote:
> > I've just placed a new snapshot of PCB up on the sourceforge site
>
> Hello there,
>
> First great work PCB developers.
>
> Below are some little changes, I'm requesting pcb developers to adopt.
> Most of these changes have been applied to all Fedora pcb rpms. I
> guess that these changes will also benefit users/packagers of other
> linux distributions as well.
>
> #001:
> Currently, %configure --disable-update-mime-database removes the
> following files

[snip list]

> However /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache   is not removed and
> gets bundled during the "make install" procedure. I would be nice if
> the switch --disable-update-mime-database removes
> /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache as well.

You must have missed my message on IRC when I realised the problem. You
need to pass "--disable-update-desktop-database" as well. This also
holds for gschem and gattrib if you haven't already).

The mimeinfo.cache is misleading.. the /usr/share/applications/ location
contains the database of application .desktop files. (The cache probably
lists which mime-types each application can handle).

[snip stuff I don't know about]

> Another note:
> Enterprise class distributions RHEL/CentOS/ScientificLinux users will
> soon have PCB rpms under the fedora's EPEL repositories. For more
> details, join FEL mailing list.

;)

--
Peter Clifton