Re: gEDA-user: A component cannot contain another component?

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 13:09 +0100, Karl Hammar wrote:
> [1] says so:
>
>   component
>   Valid in: Schematic files ONLY
>
> ///
>
> But if create:

Sounds like a bug... we should be rejecting things like that in case
anyone finds some strange unintended behaviour, then starts to rely on
it in a way which precludes us doing something different in the future.

Specifically, regarding why this is a bad idea.. I suspect the
net-listing of such nested components inside symbols will not work
properly.

There are already ways to do sub-circuits and hierarchy in gEDA, so
unless there is a good reason, I'd suggest sticking to those.

Was there something specific you were trying to achieve by inserting
components in a symbol file?

Regards,

Peter C.