Re: gEDA-user: More GL stuff to test

On ons, 2009-11-04 at 14:27 -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
> > More stuff to test in the "local_customisation_no_pours" branch (only).
> >
> > http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/pcb+gl_3d/pcb+gl_3d-7.png
> >
> > Doesn't the 3D make that dialog box look bent?
>
> It does, but I think that's because the shading/colors used for the
> circuit board are giving misleading cues as to which way it is
> oriented.  Or something.  Even without the dialog, something doesn't
> look quite right...

Personally I don't think the dialog box looks wrong, but as many have
pointed out the board has a perspective thats really hard (at least for
my brain) to visually parse.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying the 3D stuff myself. Now I just
need to get 3D running on my big-screen laptop since 1024x768 is not a
fantastic resolution for doing CAD-like stuff...

--
Jonatan Åkerlind <jonatan@xxxxxxxxxxx>