Re: gEDA-user: Purpose of this list

Hi --

> I wonder if there is a better place to ask simple electronics questions
> like OpAmp behaviour?
>
> I think newsgroup sci.electronics.design is not too bad?
[.........]
> What do you think?

Just my $0.02.

I am always pleased by the high level of electronics knowledge
displayed by the folks on this list.  The contributions are very
interesting and educational.

I vote to keep it.  Besides the educational value, the great postings
about electronics on geda-user are archived and searchable via
Google.  That means that folks who are searching on keywords related
to electronics will come across the gEDA project.  The high level of
the disucssions on geda-user serve as great advertising for the
entire gEDA Project.

FWIW, sci.electronics.* has become a cesspool of spammers and trolls.
Other electronics discussion sites tend towards basic electronics.
For example, sparkfun is a good site, but the discussions are largely
oriented to newbies.  Nothing wrong with that, but I'm glad geda-user
serves the needs of newbies as well as experienced engineers.  I'd
like to keep it that way.

Regards,

Stuart