Re: gEDA-user: PCB: window focus bug in GL branch?

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 13:15 -0500, Ethan Swint wrote:
> I just did a git fetch & build today from Peter's GL branch - many kudos
> again! - but I'm getting a few "features" in my zooming activity.  The
> first is reproducible by
> 1) open PCB layout
> 2) Swap application focus
> 3) Use Alt+TAB to return focus to PCB.
> 4) Use scroll wheel to zoom
>
> The menu bars around the drawing area gray out and don't return,
> although you can zoom in and out all day long.  Gone also is the command
> interface or any other action.  I have seen this behavior on the GTK
> interface, as well.

I think that is a bug in the GTK HID as well, as I've not touched any of
that code. It would be a good one to get fixed though!

> The second bug I'm seeing may be more GL-specific and involves the DRC
> window.  After double-clicking in the DRC window, the cursor is
> transferred to the main PCB window on top of the DRC error.  However,
> all other tools seem to be inoperative.  Zooming changes the range on
> the scroll bars, but the canvas is not updated.  The cursor is updated
> according to the tool selection, but no button or key strokes register
> on the canvas.

Hmm, that works for me. I'd need more detailed steps to reproduce to
test whether it occurs here as well or not.

(Please ensure your check-out is up to date. I've not knowingly fixed
any bugs which relate to this issue, but it is always useful to know we
are testing vaguely the same code!)

Best wishes,

Peter C.