Re: gEDA-user: PCB: window focus bug in GL branch?

On 11/10/2009 09:47 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 13:15 -0500, Ethan Swint wrote:
>
>> I just did a git fetch&  build today from Peter's GL branch - many kudos
>> again! - but I'm getting a few "features" in my zooming activity.  The
>> first is reproducible by
>> 1) open PCB layout
>> 2) Swap application focus
>> 3) Use Alt+TAB to return focus to PCB.
>> 4) Use scroll wheel to zoom
>>
>> The menu bars around the drawing area gray out and don't return,
>> although you can zoom in and out all day long.  Gone also is the command
>> interface or any other action.  I have seen this behavior on the GTK
>> interface, as well.
>>
> I think that is a bug in the GTK HID as well, as I've not touched any of
> that code. It would be a good one to get fixed though!

Any idea where that might be located?  I'm willing to work out a patch
for it!
>> The second bug I'm seeing may be more GL-specific and involves the DRC
>> window.  After double-clicking in the DRC window, the cursor is
>> transferred to the main PCB window on top of the DRC error.  However,
>> all other tools seem to be inoperative.  Zooming changes the range on
>> the scroll bars, but the canvas is not updated.  The cursor is updated
>> according to the tool selection, but no button or key strokes register
>> on the canvas.
>>
> Hmm, that works for me. I'd need more detailed steps to reproduce to
> test whether it occurs here as well or not.
>
> (Please ensure your check-out is up to date. I've not knowingly fixed
> any bugs which relate to this issue, but it is always useful to know we
> are testing vaguely the same code!)

Here's the output of pcb --verbose:

Action: DoWindows(DRC)  //open DRC window - everything still OK in the
main PCB window.
Action: DRC()                      //refresh DRC
ChangeGroupVisibility(Layer=0, On=1, ChangeStackOrder=1)  //double-click
first DRC error
Action: LayersChanged()
ghid_layer_buttons_update cur_index=0 update_index=0
Action: LayersChanged()
ghid_layer_buttons_update cur_index=0 update_index=0
Action: LayersChanged()
ghid_layer_buttons_update cur_index=0 update_index=0
Action: PointCursor()        //extra PointCursor() deleted
Action: PointCursor(True)  //mouse button - no effect
Action: PointCursor()
Action: PointCursor(True)
Action: PointCursor()
Action: Scroll(up)            //scroll - no effect on canvas, only on
scroll bars
Action: PointCursor()
Action: Scroll(up)
Action: PointCursor()
Action: Scroll(up)
Action: PointCursor()
Action: Scroll(down)
Action: Scroll(down)
Action: PointCursor()
Action: Zoom(0.8)   //zoom - no effect on canvas, only on scroll bars

Any further suggestions for debugging this?  It makes DRC completely
unusable for me - once I see the errors, I can't correct them and have
to restart PCB.

Thanks,
Ethan