Re: gEDA-user: Strange PCB waring about shorted nets

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 15:25 +0100, michalwd1979 wrote:
> > We have really smart people in this list, so someone may guess what
> your
> > problem is.
> >
> > What I would do to make life of these smart people easier:
> > Test with stable pcb snapshot.
>
> Tested with pcb 20091103 - exactly the same problem.
>
> > Test with your last saved board without these problems.
> > Compare older copies of netlist/schematics with recent one to see if
> > something was changed.
>
> Last copy that works right, is very little different from current. I
> changed only some clearances (only polygons were affected). No tracks
> or pads added. The schematic also have not changed. I've even tried
> generate and load new netlist but this did not change anything.
>

> > If this does not help, or problem is related to development version
> of
> > pcb: Make board available for developers (if possible stripped down
> > version  with same problem).
>
> I can provide the pcb file to any person that is interested. If
> anybody wants to check this please let me know and I will send the
> board.
>
> Best Regards,
> Michael W.

That is interesting. Maybe it is related to the bug I found with debug
option and Peter C already has kind of solved?

Another idea: May it be related to the dirt traces which result of PCBs
internal rounding errors, resulting in very short traces, 0.01 mil or
so. I have generated a lot of then on my DSO board, but I always tried
to remove them again. These dirt may generate shorts?

Of course you can send a copy of your board to me, I can test with
pcb20091103. But I am not a developer and not too smart, so my chances
are not too good.

Best regards

Stefan Saleswki