Re: gEDA-user: symbol files

On Thursday 12 November 2009 20:47:57 Kelvin Gardiner wrote:
> Well, easy problems are no fun  :-) .
>
> I suppose that the possible solutions are:
>
> [snip suggestions]
>
> What ideas have been preferred in the past? I wouldn't mind giving this
> a go and seeing what can be done.

For a start, it's preferred that solutions to this problem don't start out by
assuming that all symbols have footprints associated with them. ;-)

Indeed, there are several workflows using gschem that don't use footprints at
all, and which don't target the design of a PCB.

                                         Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group