Re: gEDA-user: Ideas for fixing slotting, methodology discussion, NOT implementation details!

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 18:39 -0800, Steven Michalske wrote:

> Specify what power domains are required for the part.
> 	- e.g. level shifters and pins to power domains
> 	- e.g. in a 3.3V and 5V system, which voltage is this symbol on
> Specify what clock domain a symbol is in
> 	- e.g.  you can't move some parts across clock domains in VLSI

A more general solution may be to specify Dev:Slot:Pin for each pin in a
packages. I think I have seen this somewhere long time ago...
Pins with same letter can be exchanged for each slot. Slots with same
letter can be exchanged. If two devices have the same Dev-String slots
can be exchanged between them.

Dev:Slot:Pin

 X1 X2   X1 X2
\ A1 /   \ A2 /