Re: gEDA-user: Ideas for fixing slotting, methodology discussion, NOT implementation details!

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 18:39 -0800, Steven Michalske wrote:
>

>> Specify what power domains are required for the part.
>> 	- e.g. level shifters and pins to power domains
>> 	- e.g. in a 3.3V and 5V system, which voltage is this symbol on
>> Specify what clock domain a symbol is in
>> 	- e.g.  you can't move some parts across clock domains in VLSI
>>

> A more general solution may be to specify Dev:Slot:Pin for each pin in a
> packages. I think I have seen this somewhere long time ago...
> Pins with same letter can be exchanged for each slot. Slots with same
> letter can be exchanged. If two devices have the same Dev-String slots
> can be exchanged between them.
>
> Dev:Slot:Pin
>

>  X1 X2   X1 X2
> _|__|_   _|__|_
> \ A1 /   \ A2 /
>  \  /     \  /
>   \/       \/
>    |        |
>    Y1       Y1
>

> Dev:Two_Input_Nand_Gate_CMOS_3.3V
> Slot{X1,X2,Y1}:A1,A2

I like something a little more self-documenting, like the attribute=
format we're using today.

Also, if we constrain pin names then we can't make them match the
datasheets that are associated with the symbol's component-circuit.
Maybe we need a separate attribute that explains which pins are
interchangeable.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff