Re: gEDA-user: Ideas for fixing slotting, methodology discussion, NOT implementation details!

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 16:46 -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:

> Also, if we constrain pin names then we can't make them match the
> datasheets that are associated with the symbol's component-circuit.
> Maybe we need a separate attribute that explains which pins are
> interchangeable.
>

> b.g.

My point was, that we do not need separate attribute that explains which
pins are interchangeable.

If two interchangeable pins are called foo and bar in the datasheet, we
can use foo:X1 and bar:X2. Of course we can use other methods for noting
interchangeable pins, if this makes life easier.