Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

On Nov 23, 2009, at 6:56 AM, Bill Gatliff wrote:

> Guys:
>

> I'd like to apologize on the record for this whole thread.

No need to apologize. You brought a bunch of critical issues out into
the daylight.

> It was a very simple question, after all.  I had no idea.  :)

Ah, but you showed that it *isn't* a simple question. Different
people have very different views of what it means to have a composite
component in a design. This interacts with very different views on
what a project flow should be. And truth be told, I have sympathy for
most of the conflicting points of view.

The problem is that which is "right" depends on the job and the
customer. I am extremely unhappy with the desire for a standard one-
size-fits-all gEDA approach to these issues. Even if I could design
it to my liking, it would only fit a subset of my projects, and I'm
only one user.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx