Re: gEDA-user: Reducing the amount of jumpers

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:15:21PM +0100, Stephan Boettcher wrote:

> Most connections were
> later added with wires, the kind of wire used in transformers, I do not
> know how it is called in English.

That would be enammeled wire or "magnet wire".  I can't find the page now,
but I saw a guy who did amazing things with bare copper boards and magnet
wire for prototyping.  He used the copper as a ground plane and a
combination of "dead bug" (glued ICs upside down) and other techniques
to put the parts down.  He did some high density stuff by isolating the
non-ground legs of the SMT parts with kapton tape so it could be soldered
flat to the board.  Magnet wire is so small it didn't bunch up when taking
off busses and stuff.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>