Re: gEDA-user: version control and non text files

On 11/01/2010 01:10 PM, John Griessen wrote:
What do you do to avoid git repos bloat with changes of docs you are using
in the early phases of a project?

I hit on something that I like.
Here:   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/540535/managing-large-binary-files-with-git

there's talk of using two git repos for your work.  Then suggesting submodules.
http://book.git-scm.com/5_submodules.html

I'm thinking that with or without git submodules, I can make a link to
a dir in my docs_datasheets_repo from my projects_repo for ease of using project datasheets,
then commit them at a much less often rate than the main project.

has anyone used git submodules?

John Griessen