Re: gEDA-user: Comments on pcb's g-code exporter & HeeksCAD/HeeksCNC FOSS program for pcb milling

Am 12.11.2010 um 01:58 schrieb dfro@xxxxxxxxx:

Markus,

That is good news.

Could someone tell be how to add these files to the current pcb-20100929 source download and recompile?

Use

git am < 00xxx.patch

Recompilation is done as before, not even a configure run is needed.

On page 1 of the LPKF brochure (http://www.lpkfusa.com/datasheets/ prototyping/rp_brochure.pdf ), it shows a screenshot of their pcb artwork software. The thick grey traces are used to route the border of the part. I noticed the breaks in the trace in order to create attachment tabs, which you can see in the picture to the right of the mill making some boards.

You could have a field in the g-code export window where you can choose a layer from pcb, which contains the traces for the border routing operation. The user can customize with a simple series of thick (or thin) traces exactly what shape they want the pcb border to be, i.e. with or without tabs, what diameter endmill to use, etc.

This layer is there already, it's the one named "outline", all lower case. What isn't there is code to calculate the offset of the lines and polygons on this layer, as I couldn't find existing functions in the remaining pcb source code and I lack the resources to write it myself.

So, feel free to add this. The 0023 patch roughly shows a good place to start.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/