Re: gEDA-user: [PCB-Patches] Action-documentation

Thanks for all your answers!

Am 14.11.2010 03:35, schrieb kai-martin knaak:
/------------------
+@item ToggleLockNames
+If set, the positions of all element-labels are locked relative to
+the element-position.
\-------------------
a) The action is not confined to element(*)-labels. Free floating text
is also affected.

b) Technically, it does not really lock the position but makes the
labels insensitive to various user induced actions. Most importantly,
text will ignore left mouse click and actions that work on objects
under the mouse. You can still select the text with a lasso (left
mouse drag) and perform actions on the selection. some of these
actions may change the position of the text. E.g, move-to-other-side
[snip]

What do you think of the following descriptions:
@item ToggleLockNames
If set, text will ignore left mouse clicks and actions that work on objects under the mouse.

@item ToggleOnlyNames
If set, only text will be sensitive for mouse clicks and actions that work on objects under the mouse.
PS: (*) Would a general switch of "element" to "footprint" receive a
warm welcome by the developers? This would provide more consistency
between geda and pcb wording.

I also needed some time to find-out the meaning of "footprint" and "element" in pcb. First, I thought, that an element is just everything (rat-lines, lines, vias, ... AND footprints) and footprints the 'elements' I can load from the library.

Kind regards,
Felix