Re: gEDA-user: Problems compiling PCB Release 20100929

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 15:21 +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Colin D Bennett wrote:
>
> >> Synaptic package of pcb along with the compiled version?
> >
> > You should look at the 'prefix' where pcb is configured for
> > installation.
>
> Default prefix is "/usr/local". pcb will install its binary into
> /usr/local/bin and the libs into /usr/local/lib.
> By default, these locations are searched first on Ubuntu, Debian and about
> every decent linux distro. A simple call of pcb will start the version in
> /usr/local/bin/pcb . If you'd prefer the distros version, you can call it
> with /usr/bin/pcb . So there is no need to edit the prefix variable.
>
> I have three versions of pcb installed on my desktops and use them as
> needed without any interference:
>
> 1) from distro
> 2) from the current git head
> 3) the GL enabled version by Peter Clifton, before_pours branch.

In my case, I have PCB Head built with default configuration.

And also have GL enabled pcb using --program-suffix=-gl at configure
time. Thus I have a clear distinction between the two binaries. One is
called "pcb" and the other is called "pcb-gl". You can add whatever
suffix you want to the program name.

--
Felipe De la Puente Christen
MSN/GTalk       : fdelapuente@xxxxxxxxx