Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL+3D Packages??

Peter Clifton wrote:
An actual rendering from PCB+GL with some code I've been playing with...

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/pcb+gl_3d/pcb+gl_3d_packages_mockup.png
very nice
2. Will anyone bother to make 3D models for packages?
if it's easy enough I'll probably do it for the footprints I create
3. What format would people like to make models in?
I'm considering to adopt the format of OpenSCAD for my own CAD-Demo.
In principle it looks nice to me, but I need to check details.
Then I would use my own demo, to make the 3D-models.
I'm thinking VRML (perhaps as output by Wings32) might be a good choice,
as I believe this is what KiCad uses.
Same, need to check details, e.g. if dimensions and layers are supported.