Re: gEDA-user: STEP Format? [WAS: Re: PCB+GL+3D Packages??]

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 10:09 -0600, John Griessen wrote:
On 11/14/2010 08:37 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
3. What format would people like to make models in?
STEP, so I can load it in HeeksCAD and use HeeksCNC to carve enclosures.

Step looks obscenely complicated, and I'm not really sure what subset we
can support.
If we need only a hand full of primitives to describe our parts, IGES is probably much easier and does the job. It's understood by practically all systems that
understand STEP, and some, that don't understand STEP.