      From: al davis <ad252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Subject: Re: gEDA-user: control verilog module parameter order when
      converting .sch and .sym with gnetlist?
      To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Date: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 10:07 PM

    On Sunday 21 November 2010, Paul Tan wrote:
    > Since most Verilog simulators (including Icarus Verilog)
    > support "EXPLICIT connection" method for the lower level
    > Module Instanciations, so it is not absolutely necessary
    > (although desirable) to match the Module portname order
    > with the Module instantiation portname order.
    I think it is safe to assume that ALL Verilog simulators support
    the explicit form.  The explicit form is preferred.
    I don't see any practical way that the netlister can reliably
    support connection mapping strictly by order.  It's a real pain
    in Spice.
    If someone is going to improve the Verilog netlister, there are
    other points that really do need to be addressed, such as
    passing parameters and net types other than "wire".  Gnucap
    needs them.