Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL -> Stable (eventually...)

Peter Clifton wrote:

> So.. please fetch git HEAD PCB and play with things.

Ok. I recloned(*) compiled and benchmarked my pidpeltier layout with full
polygons and with poly_thin_draw. Hardware is my day job desktop, nvidia
quadro, closed source driver.

current HEAD:
full poly: 15 FPS
thin draw: 25 FPS

version 20091103 as it is distributed in debian/squeeze
full poly: 31 FPS
thin draw: 25 FPS

Yes, the 20091103 version is faster with full polygons.

Also tried the same set of benchmark tests with other layouts. Thin draw
poly is always at a comparable speed. Full poly mode is faster with the 2009
gtk version. For current pcb HEAD full polygon mode is significantly slower.
For some boards only half the FPS. Others achieve 2/3 the frames of thin
draw.

---<)kaimartin(>---(needs to do some real solderiung now...)

(*): Still not comfortable with the git commands. How do I make absolutely
sure to have the correct branch activated?
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211