gEDA-user: Newby Question on Symbols

Hi All.

I can't get over the fact that such good software is free!

With gschem, I have got to the point where I would like to use hierarchical
designs.  So I assume that I will need to use symbols.  Is there any
guidance on this?  I have read gschem.txt.  But I must be doing something
wrong.

I have a filename.sym and a filename.sch in local.  The pins on the .sym
have the same names as the pins on the .sch.  But I cannot descend from the
sym to the sch.

All suggestions, of a proper nature, gratefully received.

John Davies
Metagence Technologies
Home Park Estate, Kings Langley, Herts WD4 8LZ
Tel: +44 (0)1923 260511 Fax: +44 (0)1923 268969