gEDA-user: gEDA and PCB ------

My board is off to the fab house. 15 inches by 8.6 inches some 1050 parts. I will write a script to count pads latter.

Xilinx Virtex II pro V30.... 896 pin BGA 1 mm pich vias in pads

(4) 100 pin quad flat pack devices.

8 layer board which really isn't enough.... time to get PCB to have a reasonable number of layers... yes yes i know it will be a lot of work.

Back anotation is missing so I wrote a program that flips the pins in the geda symbols. This is ok if you only have one board and don't mind messing with your own symbols but isn't really good for future unified libraries.

Hierarchical buses. Well I have a custom version of gschem and gnetlist running. I promise, upon getting this board running, I will fininsh the patches that will allow a general release.

My personal library of symbols for gschem and land patterns for pcb is getting extensive again I promise a general release soon.

Yes very complex boards can be built with these tools but it isn't easy. Next generation BGA will probably require buiried vias, blind vias and micro vias. Boards of upto 40 layers have been built by the shop I normally use (not designed with geda and pcb).

Best Wishes,

Steve Meier

DJ Delorie wrote:

In both postscript and gerber output, the drill list on the fab drawing has the plated and unplated hole descriptions overlapping.

I see the bug, and where it's doing it. I'll probably fix it sometime
tonight as it's not a trivial fix (it's a trivial bug, and the fix is
obvious, but not a one-liner).

PS. I sent my design to Advanced Circuits yesterday... wish me luck!

Tell them you used PCB, and that DJ says "Hi!". I was just talking to
them Yesterday at a trade show, and they were interested in how many
people were using PCB.