Re: gEDA-user: gEDA and PCB ------

> 8 layer board which really isn't enough.... time to get PCB to have a
> reasonable number of layers... yes yes i know it will be a lot of work.

We were just talking about this yesterday.  I have some ideas about
implementing it.  I think the tricky part is deciding how many layers
to allow, or if it needs to be dynamic, and if so, how do you adjust
the number of layers?

> Yes very complex boards can be built with these tools but it isn't easy.
> Next generation BGA will probably require buiried vias, blind vias and
> micro vias. Boards of upto 40 layers have been built by the shop I
> normally use (not designed with geda and pcb).

I know the thing *I* am missing for blind and buried vias is... how do
you specify them in the gerber files?

(oh, and any way to feasibly try it out too ;-)