Re: gEDA-user: gEDA and PCB ------

On Thursday 07 October 2004 10:37 pm, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > 8 layer board which really isn't enough.... time to get PCB to have a
> > reasonable number of layers... yes yes i know it will be a lot of work.
>
> We were just talking about this yesterday.  I have some ideas about
> implementing it.  I think the tricky part is deciding how many layers
> to allow, or if it needs to be dynamic, and if so, how do you adjust
> the number of layers?

The is admittedly a response based on no knowledge of the internals of PCB.

If a board is built in layers there are a few layers that are always unique,
such as the silk screen, top paste, bottom paste etc.  All other layers will
be a trace layer.

You are never going to have an internal paste layer for example.

So after handling the unique layers does not unlimited trance layers fall out
for 'free'?

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/