gEDA-user: Layers in PCB

Hello,

I am test driving the new GTK version of PCB.
I am noticing some possibly weird behavior, on the main screen the buttons that you use to select different layers, barely change when clicked, it is very hard to tell if they are depressed or not. Also when looking at /Files/Preferences/Layers. I no longer see any colors, possibly this is the new way, but again, the buttons that show which layers are in which layer group are almost indistinguishable from the ones that are not selected.

Any ideas on how I can brighten change highlighting or some other to make these more visible.
I have tried the latest CVS version, same effect, and yes, I am running the dreaded...
Suse 9.2

Everything else seems great so far.

Thanks,
ED