Re: gEDA-user: AMD64 & Geda

Oh with Gentoo it has a online package database (portage) and the users
Sync with the servers to get the updated list of updates you can then
search portage to emerge the packages in your system example emerge -s
geda (searches for geda) then emerge geda (to install geda) it pulls the
files from the server. portage has a masking system so if the program is
buggy dont compile or has some other issue it can be masked off using a
keyword)hence the following output.

BusyBox64 ~ # emerge geda
Calculating dependencies
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "geda" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
request:
- sci-electronics/geda-20041228 (masked by: missing keyword)
- sci-electronics/geda-20040111-r1 (masked by: missing keyword)
- sci-electronics/geda-20050313 (masked by: missing keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Marc :)

--