Re: gEDA-user: Automatic repositioning to attributes

Em Seg, 2006-10-16 às 17:40 +0200, Carlos Nieves Ónega escreveu:

Just curious, do you have any suggestion to improve this feature? why
don't you like it?

Regards,

Carlos

Tanks Carlos,

Well, I just don´t like because we work with some norms about design.

I.E.:
One resistor in vertical position must have RefDes at its right, aligned the anchor to the upper pin end, anchor at up/left to text. Its Value, with anchor align to the bottom pin end, ancho down/left to the text. Always 2mm distant from resistor body.

One horizontal resistor, RefDes, the RefDes must be with the anchor above the resistor, center, and the anchor is center/down to the text. The Value bellow the resistor.

The same to capacitors.

All ICs must be a 800 mils witdht box, the length (up/down) is free. Its RefDes must be above the box, align to its left corner, 2 mm above. The typenumber must be inside the box, at the bottom center.
Microcontrolers, processors must be 1000mils.
OpAmps and some special functions ICs can have special designs.

Well... There are some others specifications to design a diagram to ABNT norms (ABNT=Tech. Norms Brazilian Association)
ABNT rulez about ALL and AT ALL to industry here. About toys, builds, aircraft, cars, machines, etc. Either our Metro Dpt. for example (INMETRO) follows ABNT.

So...

All that we have been here is to design all symbols with their right positioned attributes from scratch.

Remember, we are not using the originals gEDA symbols, we have another complete symbols lib, redesigned from scratch, and this library appears like half size comparing to the gEDA original lib. Because, for example, an A4 titlebox have exatly the numers of mils that an A4 has in reality. And all symbols have size specifications in ABNT, following these specs, the size of all lib have something like half size comparing to the original gEDA symbols lib.
To turn our lib closer to original gEDA lib, we are thinking about rescale everythink in 2:1. In think this because designing the components too small, cues and line end boxes are too big. In same cases is a litle complicate to work a linem circle or other in small spaces.

More.
A resistor is designed many many times. One to each format. Then a symbols have footprint, attrib. There is a generic PNP and a NPN transistor, but we have many transistors that come with typenumber, footprint and others attribs.

Looking at the first time, this seems a litle complicate, but a complete BOM can be extract from a diagram just designed. And we are planning to write a script to a faster export to PCB.

I have been so far from the project, but I'm planning to dedicate more time in the next 2 or 3 months, because I'm just finishing a new build to my office. And there we will people contracted to do just this, every day. we hava published this lib always, and I promess to share the results as it will be made.

Reading the geda-pt, some months ago, we are came to some answers to our problems, is just a question of time to have all of this ready to use.

One more time, thank you.

Antonio.