Re: gEDA-user: database driven component chooser - part II

Hi Peter,

El mié, 03-10-2007 a las 21:27 +0100, Peter TB Brett escribió:
[snip]
> I did.  I posted many RFCs[1], patches and code snippets to the list.  I put
> detailed Doxygen comments in libgeda/src/s_clib.c (there are more comments
> that C code in that file).  In fact, I publicised my work about as much as I
> felt I could get away with without being accused of be an attention-seeker.
> I don't like to be accused of not doing things which I have, in fact, done!
>
> (At least) these threads are applicable:
>
>   http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/May-2007/msg00133.html
>   http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/May-2007/msg00164.html
>   http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/May-2007/msg00265.html
>
> I went into A LOT of detail about what I was doing.  Maybe I should start
> spamming the mailing list monthly about how wonderful my code is and how
> everyone should be using it. ;)
>
>                            Peter
>

> [1] Is there actually any point in me posting detailed discussions of my ideas
> for improving gEDA?  It seems like no-one can ever be bothered to give me any
> useful feedback or criticism, constructive or otherwise.  At the moment, it
> feels like I'm pouring my creativity into a black hole, to be perfectly
> honest.  If people really do think, "Go away, we don't care," then I'll do
> just that.

I'm very excited with all your changes, and I think they open the door
to new exciting features in gaf. I don't currently have enough free time
so I can't opine about them. However I hope you can keep working on it.

Your work is very valuable and I think you could be merging your changes
into mainstream from time to time, so people could test it out.

Of course I don't consider your mails as spam, and I hope you will
delight us in the future with more mails like those you mention.

Best regards,

Carlos