Re: gEDA-user: push tracks

Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 12:01:58PM +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

>> |      c) Push tracks out of the way, while drawing other tracks.
>> |         (Like protel99 does)
>
> I'd like to see a video of that or some good description.  I've been
> thinking about ways to push tracks out of the way.  The only real idea
> I've had was to create some kind of "brush" tool that you can use to
> push on tracks.

I like the name brush tool.  It reminds of smoothing wallpaper.
If you had a
"brush" tool push up to 3 tracks according to DRCs until they hit something,

That would be a helpful way to compact circuitry as you go.

If you wanted to try salvaging a version of a PCB needing much change,
you could define a
"plow" tool to push up to 6 layers according to DRCs until they hit something.
and a
"bulldozer" tool to push any number of layers according to DRCs until they hit the board outline.
:-)

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1