Re: gEDA-user: Working on xgsch2pcb-0.1.3 for Gentoo

Hi Frank,

FWIW,

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 20:31 +0000, Frank Bergmann wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:47:21 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> >> http://frajasalo.de/frank/projekt/pcb/pcb_part-view_20091028-2257.png
> >
> > That board looks familiar...  ;-)
>
> I would be suprised if not ... It is a good reference, throws some drc
> errors, is not to big to delay pcb's runtime and is available for all.
>
> > Where do you keep "unplaced" parts in your scheme?  Do they still show
> > up on the board at all?

Hmmm, giving negative X-, Y-coordinates would be a way to avoid elements
being shown/being valid in the layout.

> Its a "dumb list"! The code iterate over all available elements and show
> them and a few params in the list.

A "smart" list might come in handy for doing all kinds of operations
like:
- selecting/unselecting elements,
- locking/unlocking of elements,
- reloading an element from a tweaked footprint

> What are "unplaced parts"? - I know tools that define such parts as
> "parts not within the (closed) board outline" and mark them by color or
> symbol.
>
> Frank

Just some thoughts :)

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.

BTW: is your code public/visible somewhere ?