Re: gEDA-user: Alternative subparts

msokolov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> karl@xxxxxxxxxxx (Karl Hammar) wrote:
> > Is there a way to organize alternative subparts in a project, e.g.
> > a cpu-card for one user will have one kind a bus-connector and for
> > another user another bus-connector, but still maintanable as one
> > project?
> I don't see a sensible way to do it with GUI tools like gEDA, but with
> batch mode Makefile-driven tools like uEDA you could set your Makefiles
> up to pass your source code through a preprocessor like cpp or m4
> (allows conditional compilation) before feeding it into uschem-print and
> uschem-netlist for example.

That might be so. I have two caveats:

. the code from the cvs have forward references of static functions.
  Static functions are only visible from its declaration/definition to
  the end of the file, making your code not legal C code
  -- in essence not compilable on a random compiler

. I have decided to use the gEDA suite and learn it, I don't have time
  for the moment to learn another suite. Maybe in the future, since I
  don't mind uEDAs stated workflow.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               karl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lilla Aspö 148                                                 Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting