gEDA-user: multiple monitors

On 10/01/2010 12:40 PM, Stefan Salewski wrote:

I still have only one monitor, and I wonder how useful working with
multiple monitors really is.

 Is
turning the head really better than switching to another virtual screen?

Yes, it's instant.  You can also copy and paste from different apps and terminal windows.
Several apps I use work better with more pixel space because they have several detached
related windows or multiple panes  -- gimp, image viewers with file tree to one side, gschem
when working with hierarchic subcell schematics, pcb when using the tear off menus, CAD programs
like HeeksCAD where you have properties windows related to selected objects of the 3D design, (sound familiar?).

That kind of extra window doesn't always fit well on one screen, and having it there while able
to glance-right to see what it defines or constrains is good.

John
using nvidia-compatible nouveau driver with xrandr with improved response times over
previous setup with a ATI card.