Re: gEDA-user: Ben mode feature request

On Oct 31, 2010, at 2:31 PM, Markus Hitter wrote:

> Then, there are many people which know "cp xxx yyy", but prefer to avoid it anyways. You want to catch these.

You don't want to dumb down the toolkit. Now, if somebody wants to write a fat, sweet integrated tool using the gEDA file formats, but tuned to the student/hobbyist market, I would cheer. Hobbyists and students are very important: they are the future. But gEDA is not that: instead it is a toolkit of broad capability, far beyond what its designers expected, I think. gEDA is the toolkit for *experts* doing *great* things *now*. Let's not lose that. One size does not fit all here.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx