Re: gEDA-user: Ben mode feature request

Evan Foss wrote:

> I may have missed it but has anyone suggested the brlcad format. It
> might be better than freecad in that it has export/import from a lot
> of other formats already written.

It might be worse in that its user interface is prohibitively non-
intuitive. I looked at the application a few years ago, when I was in
need for a mechanical CAD application. Even the most simple operations
required a number of complex steps. There is a whole chapter in the
manual on how to move a component. The user base of brlCAD is marginal
and will probably shrink even more, as more intuitive open source CAD
applications will become a viable alternative.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: