Re: gEDA-user: Ben mode feature request

Hi Evan,

I mentioned BRL-CAD some days ago:

<quote>

Maybe Blender, OpenSCAD or BRL-CAD should become our 3D-friends ?

</quote>

If there is a packaged version in Fedora I will give it a try because the
last time I visited the web site it looked like it's more mature than
FreeCAD (freecad, or however it's spelled).

FreeCAD seems to use python for scripting, yet another language for me to
learn ;-)

At the moment I'm strugling with OpenSCAD to get a 1/4 of a toroid ;-(

This requires a sequence of boolean operations: rotate_extrude a circle and
then subtract some translated cubes as to get the bend of a through hole
resistor.

Chip capacitors and resistors are easy: just some cubes ;-)

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.