Re: gEDA-user: Ben mode feature request

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 19:09 +0100, Bert Timmerman wrote:

> Avoiding the command line won't help you on the gschem --> simulation work
> flow.

Can you please explain why we will always need the command line for
simulation in gEDA? (I have newer found the time doing simulations...)

> Loosing potential users due to a command like thing is probably something a
> lot of *nix apps and tools suffer from.
>
> I can't help people who will not try to learn what is neccesary, or do
> whatever it takes, to solve their *own* problems.
>
> Sad, but true.
>
> IMHO there is no true hacker fu in them.

I fully agree. There will not be much real benefit from
Windows/Ubuntu-type of users. If they do not understand a line like "cp
xxx yyy" -- can we really hope that these people will at some time do
serious coding? Of course it is OK if they use Linux tools, but they
don't have to. If someone likes to use proprietary Windows or Apple --
why should they use free software at all. That people do not really care
about the word FREE, and they do not care about feeding Gates and Jobs.
It's OK. Of course, from time to time we may see some smart people using
still Windows, Eagle or similar proprietary stuff, we should try to
catch them.