Re: gEDA-user: Ben mode feature request

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 19:30 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 21:05 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> > I fully agree. There will not be much real benefit from
> > Windows/Ubuntu-type of users.
>
> Oi.. lets not forget that at least one of the gEDA developers (me) is an
> Ubuntu user. There is no shame in wanting your tools to "just work"!
>
> /me goes back to writing kernel profiling driver for intel GPUs to
> squeeze more framerate out of PCB+GL.

Sure -- I wrote "Ubuntu-type of users". That type is very close to
Windows users, putting the install CD into the drive and using autostart
-- having to click on something like "Install" icon is already too
complicated.

Ubuntu may be not too bad, and of course there are some really smart
people amongst the large quantity of users.

Wanting your tools to "just work" is fine, but crying and complaining if
something is not working exactly as one expects is silly. Some people do
not describe their problems or send data files to verify the "bugs",
even when asked to do, they just abuse the developers.