Re: gEDA-user: Ben mode feature request

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 19:30 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> /me goes back to writing kernel profiling driver for intel GPUs to
> squeeze more framerate out of PCB+GL.

Indeed I wonder why framerate is critical -- is this only for rotating
the board in 3D view? For other editing operation most of the board
should be statical, so we have the static background which we copy for
each frame to the display, and only one element (footprint, trace, ...)
which needs real new drawing for each frame. (When I started my toy
gschem clone in Ruby my fear was indeed a sluggish display, but with
smart cairo layer buffers there should be no problem.)

Of course you are very smart, so I seem to miss something...