Re: gEDA-user: pcb minor release, C++ and Gtk cleanup

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 10:52 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Do you have an explanation for this?
>
> Yes.  Four monitors with one desktop means there's a lot of overhead

I still have only one monitor, and I wonder how useful working with
multiple monitors really is. Prices are not really high in these days,
and power consumption is about 20W each, not too much compared with
other hardware. I think the greatest "benefit" is: If your boss comes
in, and on one monitor there is your source file, on the other a
datasheet, on  the other the running application, he will think: That
guy is working really hard...

But I am not really sure if multiple monitors are a real benefit,
because for Linux we have multiple virtual screens/work spaces. Is
turning the head really better than switching to another virtual screen?

On topic again:
May it be good to have multiple active working windows for PCB/gschem,
so that we can have a zoomed view in one window, and the whole board in
the other window, maybe on an other monitor. May look cool, but I am not
sure how useful that is, and how difficult to implement.