Re: gEDA-user: GPLv3 question

No.  GPLv3 says that it must be _possible_ for the user to update his
GPLed code, but it need not be easy.  You can even ship GPLv3 code in
an OTP chip.  Basically, just don't use DRM to prevent the user from
changing his code when he could otherwise.  The intent is to prevent
GPLed code from being locked down, trusted computing style.