Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

At 02:10 PM 10/8/2010, you wrote:

> FYI -- the largest dimension I ever did on a board was 54 inches.

The largest board I've done in PCB was a quarter mile... I had a "my
house" element.  It was tiny.

But I was only testing pcb's limits at the time...

> I couldn't say what the standard panel sizes are in the industry,
> but I could make an effort to find out.

I'm guessing they're around 0.5 to 1.0 meter, based on the size of the
drill machines...

To find out would probably require a few calls to some of the larger PCB fab houses. If the drill machine were the ultimate limit, I would think that would only limit one dimension. Even if the table doesn't travel enough to cover the whole board, it can be repositioned after the first pass. But you can't drill further into the board than the machine will reach. I guess it may not be the same as CNC work, but I've done this with my drill press a number of times.

Rick