Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

At 08:32 PM 10/8/2010, you wrote:

> A delay up to 0.3 seconds is not really noticeable as a delay to the
> user.

An 0.3 second delay updating the screen while moving a part is *very*
slow.  My refresh rate is already annoying, I don't need it to be more
annoying.

My point is that as a qualitative statement this may sound reasonable. But unless you find a way to make a quantitative measurement, you really don't know that it will be "more annoying" because you don't know that it will be noticeable.

Many years ago I paid a premium price for a 486 based computer partly because of talk of the built in floating point being so much faster than software based floating point. Only later did I find that in the end it made little difference in the apps I was running because most of the processor time was spent in the control portion of the apps.

I find that a lot of times things get optimized even if no one knows for sure they are a problem.

Rick