Re: gEDA-user: pcb crooked traces

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 04:02:37PM +0200, Karl Hammar wrote:

> As you can see from above:
>  int32_t is fastest for simple + and *
>  double  has an almost constant operator time
>
> The performance choise is between int32_t and double:
>  for "+" int32_t wins with a factor 2, and for "*" double wins
>  with a factor 3.
>
> What operation is the most common in pcb ?

I think we should also test sin and cos -- and since for integers,
there will be casts involved on either side, I suspect there will
be a performance hit.

Also sqrt and pow. (In Lisp, isqrt beats sqrt, but I just tested
in C (gcc -O3 -lm), and sqrt wins by a factor of 10!) Perhaps I
simply have a crappy isqrt implementation, but this seems like an
argument in favor of floating-point.

How common are these ops in pcb? How common would they be if we had
a decent DRC?

Andrew