Re: gEDA-user: Unresolved rat lines, zero-ohm resistor, wire bridge

No, I am not suggesting #2. You don't want to reroute the design after you add the jumpers. Once you have a routed design, add the jumper pads to the layout so that wires can be added to the bottom of the board to complete the unrouted connections. Then use back annotation to update the schematic and you are done! DO NOT try to auto-route the layout again from the schematic. As you say, this does not work well.

You have to accept the fact that if the auto-router does not complete the routing, you have to manually route the remainder of the board. Once you do manual touch-up of any kind, that is no longer a part of the automatic process and will need to be redone if you want to change the design later. In your case, if you want to auto-route the board again, you need to remove the jumpers from the schematic, make the changes to the schematic, rerun the auto-route, do your touch-up again, back-annotate the schematic and be happy. :^)

Rick