Re: gEDA-user: Newbie wondering about simulation

   > From: jpd@xxxxxxxxx
   > Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:15:38 -0600
   > To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Newbie wondering about simulation
   >

   > On Oct 24, 2010, at 6:29 AM, Hannu Vuolasaho wrote:
   > > So what I'm doing wrong? Changing manually to X1 makes the
   simulation
   > > work but it isn't really the Solution.
   >
   > The spice-sdb back end tries to figure out what the correct SPICE
   prefix is and "repair" it for you. You can turn this feature off with
   the --nomunge flag ("gnetlist -g spice-sdb --nomunge"), or you can
   change your device= attribute to something it doesn't recognize.

   Thanks. This seems to be the solution. I need to be just careful when
   giving refdes attributes. But gattrib is my friend.
   > > I've copied below parts of sch
   > > and net file.
   > > I'm curious about the last line in net file. It says M1. Is it
   version
   > > of model name of something or what? The ideal PMOSFET used in
   creating
   > > the IRF FET which acts like real device?
   >
   > It's a four terminal (drain, gate, source, substrate) internal FET. I
   presume the part you clipped has the package parasitics in it.
   Quickly look through and with limited understanding of SPICE netlist
   format I'll say it's right that. I didn't want to redistribute the
   whole file due that copyright notice. Though I believe it wouldn't
   prohibit that.
   Anyway now I can concentrate to the real task so Thank You.
   Hannu Vuolasaho