Re: gEDA-user: Logic simulation

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Ales Hvezda wrote:

> job of digital simulation (there is no interface between gschem and
> tkgate, hmmm.. something to consider...

Does this mean that gschem can not export in such a form that TkGate would
understand it? (sorry, I haven't tried them)

My favorite simulator is IRSIM 9.5 (freely available). It supports
only transistors, though, so you would need to build your logic
gates from transistors first. This is easy though, just look from a book.

With Electric editor (www.staticfreesoft.com) you can enter your
circuit schematics graphically and export as IRSIM simulation deck file.
(Electric also has internal simulator but that isn't that good...
works fine for small circuits though).

I don't know if gEDA supports IRSIM, maybe that would be task for future?
Also possibility to import/export between Electric and gEDA would be
great.